1. Styling Versatility. Many human hair can be coloured, permed and styled just like your own hair. Keep in mind that it is important to take your hair to a stylist who is experienced in dealing with human hair w if you wish to alter the style.
2. Texture. Human hair come in a variety of textures, so you can match your own hair texture very closely.
3. Longevity. With proper care, human hair can last a year or more when worn daily.
4. Natural Look. Human hair feel great and can look incredibly natural.
1. High Maintenance. Just like real hair, human hair need to be washed, deep-conditioned and re-styled frequently.
2. Cost. Because they are harvested from human hair, they are typically more expensive.
3. Colour Variation. It is difficult to replicate an exact colour when you replace a human hair or wish to purchase a back up of the same style. Human hair of the same colour will vary slightly from hair to hair because each contains hair harvested from multiple people.
4. Reacts to Weather. Like your own hair would, human hair react to the weather and can become frizzy, limp or dry depending on the weather.
5. Colour Fading. The colour of a human hair will oxidize or fade with exposure to light.
6. Fragile. The hair will incur damage if subjected to harsh brushing, back-combing or overuse of heated styling tools.
7. Weight. Human hair can feel heavier than synthetic hair of a similar length and style.
8. Styling. Human hair is more labour intensive and require more effort and skill to style.
1. Easy Care. Synthetic hair is easy to take care of. Because synthetic hair has something called “style retention,” they never have to be styled. You simply wash, dry and then shake them out, and the wig will return to its initial style.
2. Style Memory. Synthetic hair hold their style regardless of the weather.
3. Cost. Synthetic wigs are relatively inexpensive.
4. Low Maintenance. They require very little maintenance..
5. Natural Looking. If purchasing a high quality synthetic wig, it is very difficult to tell the difference between a synthetic hair and real human hair.
1. Shine. Some economy or budget synthetic wigs may have an unnatural shine.
2. Longevity. Synthetic hair does not last as long as human hair wigs. They typically last about 4-6 months with daily wear.
3. Less Versatility. Synthetic hair cannot be straightened or curled with heated styling tools
4. Cannot Change Color. Recoloring is not recommended for synthetic wigs and traditional hair color will not adhere to the fibers.